Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Go big or go to the grocery store.

I am on a mission to grow the food I eat and I'm not starting small either.   Last summer I read Joel Salatin's book, Folks This Ain't Normal, from cover to cover in about one week.  His passion for local food set an alarm off in my conscious, but I didn't do anything about it at the time. 

Since then I have married my best friend, survived another Michigan winter, and have gotten two semesters closer to my Bachelor's Degree.  Life is busy, but the land my husband and I live on now could provide us with fresh, healthy food and keep me from having to buy dinner that had to travel the world to get to me.

So follow my lead and learn from my mistakes, because let's be honest, do you know what you are eating?

No comments:

Post a Comment